11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a 2022 EX and I get about 38MPG driving normal and 42-46MPG in Econ mode. This is a combination of highway and city driving.
I keep my EX in econ mode mostly and I am at 38 MPG ave. she only has 600 miles so I am guessing it will improve for the next 5k miles or so as things loosen up a bit. I am very happy so far regardless as 38 MPG is nothing to sneeze at. how many total miles do you have on yours?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm at like 5400 miles after 10 months, but only average like 26 MPG. Kind of disappointing, to be honest. I wonder if I am doing something wrong. It is almost all mixed driving, no road trips outside of a 250 mile one my first month with the car. I really don't understand how people are getting 35+, I feel like i must be doing something wrong

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm at like 5400 miles after 10 months, but only average like 26 MPG. Kind of disappointing, to be honest. I wonder if I am doing something wrong. It is almost all mixed driving, no road trips outside of a 250 mile one my first month with the car. I really don't understand how people are getting 35+, I feel like i must be doing something wrong
I was averaging 41 on my 2014. It was almost all freeway. Just set cruise at 70 and it was 47 miles from my house to work. Short trips where the car doesn't warm up, city/traffic driving or speeds much past 70 really kill mileage.

·
Registered
‘22 Civic Sport Hatchback in Boost Blue Pearl
17 Posts
On my commute which is mostly highway at 60-70mph I have been getting 35mpg. On the 80mph speed limit toll roads it seem like the mpg gets cut to about 28mpg.
That’s interesting. I travel 25 miles to work on the interstate where I’m going probably 78mph the whole way. I get between 38-42mpg in my 2.0.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The only way that you could get that poor MPG has to be your driving. Green light get on the gas, drive all the way to a red light and then stand on the brakes? My ave since I bought mine is 36 mpg. The current tank is even better, at 39 mpg. I don't baby it, just accelerate gradually and don't give it gas heading towards a red. Easy peesy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only way that you could get that poor MPG has to be your driving. Green light get on the gas, drive all the way to a red light and then stand on the brakes? My ave since I bought mine is 36 mpg. The current tank is even better, at 39 mpg. I don't baby it, just accelerate gradually and don't give it gas heading towards a red. Easy peesy.
Best feeling when you take your foot off the gas and coast into a red light and then it turns green and you don't have to brake at all. Also jokes when you see drivers beside you who accelerate into a red, and then hit the brakes hard meanwhile you're coasting into a red and pass them when it turns green

·
Registered
509 Posts
Best feeling when you take your foot off the gas and coast into a red light and then it turns green and you don't have to brake at all. Also jokes when you see drivers beside you who accelerate into a red, and then hit the brakes hard meanwhile you're coasting into a red and pass them when it turns green
Yup! On my way home from work the other day someone was doing exactly that. They would fly by me every time, then I would pass them thru the next light, rinse, repeat. After driving thru several blocks like that, he gained zero ground on me. Smart driving wins! Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't rush out of the lights I feel that I drive like everyone else. At first I was getting more like 29-31 but since that is has declined. I really never drive on the freeway

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I don't rush out of the lights I feel that I drive like everyone else. At first I was getting more like 29-31 but since that is has declined. I really never drive on the freeway
I’ve got about 6,600 miles after 2 months (I drive, a lot!) My average is 37mpg across all 6,600 miles. But my individual tanks vary, obviously depending on the type of driving I’m doing. I’ve seen as high as 47mpg on the highway with cruise 65mph and eco mode on. I’ve also seen it as low as 31 mpg city driving in Nashville traffic. I do a fair bit of both shorter city trips and longer highway trips for my job each day and I would say my average 37mpg is about right. Which is more than fine by me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This video may be helpful.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts