11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to check in and see what some of you other Civic owners were getting in terms of fuel economy. Obviously, this depends on the type Civic you drive, the type of driver you are, the road conditions, highway vs city miles etc. However, I'm curious to see what other 11th Gen. drivers are getting out there.

I have a 2022 Civic EX Sedan. Typically, I drive a lot of highway miles for my job and so far (just over 4,000 miles) I'm averaging about 37.8 mpg combined. I should also note that I'm driving with ECON mode on probably 90% of the time, and with the auto on/off disabled.

I recently took a 600-mile round trip from TN to IL and finally hit the EPA rating for the 2022 Civic EX (42 mpg). It was about 145 miles in.

This is my first Honda and I'm thrilled, especially considering that I came from a 2008 Chevy Silverado averaging about 14mpg combined.

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Tachometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 Volkswagen GTI S, 6MT
51 Posts
Just did a 350-mile round trip in my fiancée's new Sport with the 2.0L and got about 36 mpg. There was a little bit of driving around town at our destination or we probably would have gotten the EPA 37 highway mpg, but still, I would call that pretty average considering the power this engine makes. Not complaining since I knew this when we bought it, but I'm definitely hoping there's a reliability benefit considering my GTI can get the same highway mileage or better while making 62 more hp and 120 more lb-ft of torque.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Really depends on the weather, road conditions, how aggressive or passive you are, traffic, etc. In heavy city congestion of bumper to bumper traffic, I'd get anywhere from 7L-15L/100km depending on the traffic conditions. In the best of times, meaning cruising at around 80-90km/h with no stops and no braking on country roads, the best I've seen is 5L/100km. Quite variable, on a mixed fast highway and city driving I would see something like 7-8L/100km on a tank average. As for the other poster, GTI is EPA 34 highway MPG which is quite good considering the engine, that being said, you probably don't need to actually spool the turbo at all on the highway so the MPG would be right in line.

·
Registered
2018 Volkswagen GTI S, 6MT
51 Posts
That's what the GTI is rated, but I and other owners can get better than that in the real world. The Civic Sport on the other hand seems to be right in line with the EPA number. It's not disappointing or anything, but it's also not impressive.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's what the GTI is rated, but I and other owners can get better than that in the real world. The Civic Sport on the other hand seems to be right in line with the EPA number. It's not disappointing or anything, but it's also not impressive.
In terms of fuel economy, that's pretty much as good as it gets with ICE cars

·
Registered
2022 Sport Touring in CBP
67 Posts
The cars that come with the 17 inch tire/wheels get better mileage than cars equipped with the 18 inch wheels. Tire width is narrower, and smaller diameter wheels have less unsprung weight. It take more gas to get a larger, in diameter and width, tire/wheel rolling.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I am getting better than advertised ratings most of the time, I only monitor highway driving as my weekly highway work trip is very consistent and easy to compare that way. I have never gotten less than 43 mpgs, often getting closer to 45, and highest was 47 , driving 70 mph all highway miles, 2700 rpms in an Si.

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback
132 Posts
Best I've gotten in my Sport hatch was 43 mpg driving from Columbus to Cleveland. Most of my highway trips have been in the 37-38 range, though. Currently pulling about 35 in mixed-to-majority-city driving.

Reactions: zmill

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wanted to check in and see what some of you other Civic owners were getting in terms of fuel economy. Obviously, this depends on the type Civic you drive, the type of driver you are, the road conditions, highway vs city miles etc. However, I'm curious to see what other 11th Gen. drivers are getting out there.

I have a 2022 Civic EX Sedan. Typically, I drive a lot of highway miles for my job and so far (just over 4,000 miles) I'm averaging about 37.8 mpg combined. I should also note that I'm driving with ECON mode on probably 90% of the time, and with the auto on/off disabled.

I recently took a 600-mile round trip from TN to IL and finally hit the EPA rating for the 2022 Civic EX (42 mpg). It was about 145 miles in.

This is my first Honda and I'm thrilled, especially considering that I came from a 2008 Chevy Silverado averaging about 14mpg combined.

View attachment 9662
I have been driving mostly in town, minimal highway and getting about 28 mpg with the 1.5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Best I've gotten in my Sport hatch was 43 mpg driving from Columbus to Cleveland. Most of my highway trips have been in the 37-38 range, though. Currently pulling about 35 in mixed-to-majority-city driving.
Wow, so you’re basically getting EX numbers on the sport?

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback ST
320 Posts
12,183 miles since new. I've never reset the A Trip Odometer. My average is 37.2 MPG. On a recent trip to Indiana, a 700 mile journey, I averaged 40.1 MPG both ways.

·
Registered
31 Posts

View attachment 9662

View attachment 9662

·
Registered
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback
132 Posts
Wow, so you’re basically getting EX numbers on the sport?
To be fair, the return trip numbers weren't quite as nice; I was aided by eco mode, cooperative traffic, and a slight elevation decline on the drive north. My drive through the mountains to Atlanta back in May fell right around 37 mpg. But I've still been very pleased with the fuel performance so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an EX civic 22 as well I get on paper tracking 40 to 42.6 mpg, on the car tracking system its 44 to 47 mpg my commute is mostly hilly Countryside and some highway and city. I quite using eco and use normal only as I get better mileage without it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My biggest gripe in this area (and it's really not a big deal) is the tiny fuel tank volume in the Hatch. I filled up my BMW 330i GT, and my range was reported as 475 miles (it has a large tank). My '22 Sport Touring shows a much range, and I find myself refueling when it only needs 7 gallons of gas.

Again - this is NOT a big deal :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts