11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,

My wife is having second thoughts about the maintenance package she purchased. The cost is $1149 for 6 yr / 72K miles. She can still void the contract and get all the money back.

I think the contract include regular maintenance, towing if need, tire insurance depending on thread measurement.

Did anyone purchase the Civic maintenance package and what is the cost of typical dealer maintenance? i haven't owned a Honda in awhile. Not sure if this is a good deal or not.

Dave

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Coupe EX - Aegean Blue
198 Posts
$1149 total for the 6 years? Or is that per year?

I would say keep it, especially if it includes scheduled maintenance and tire insurance.

I've had my regular service visits (usually happen twice a year based on my mileage) cost anywhere from $60 to $300+ depending on what I had done, so for scheduled maintenance, that would pay itself off in probably a couple years time. Not to mention the cost of a tire if you happen to need to replace one or more.

One of the most expensive regular service requests built into the cars maintenance minder system is the brake inspection once every 3rd or 4th oil change where they fully take the brakes apart and check to make sure everything is working and nothing has any unusual wear (this also includes brake pad cleaning, tire rotation, alignment and balancing).

·
Super Moderator
205 Posts
  • Already comes with this and my dealer has a full 7 year 100,000 mile warranty.
  • Free oil changes for 2 years
  • I am very comfortable doing brakes, any type of fluid flush, cabin filter, air filter and plug change.
  • So for me not worth it but for someone that cant do what I mentioned worth it if you can afford it.

• Basic Warranty: 36 months / 36,000 miles
  • Drivetrain Warranty: 60 months / 60,000 miles
  • Corrosion Warranty: 60 months / Unlimited miles
  • Roadside Assistance Warranty: 36 months / 36,000 miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey @davejy what other details can you provide on the maintenance package? Knowing what exactly is included will help to determine if it is worth what Honda is charging.
According to the contract, it is all the regular maintenance, road side assistance, tire insurance depending on thread measurement (only the original set of tires). All of above 6 year / 72k.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Fellas,

My wife is having second thoughts about the maintenance package she purchased. The cost is $1149 for 6 yr / 72K miles. She can still void the contract and get all the money back.

I think the contract include regular maintenance, towing if need, tire insurance depending on thread measurement.

Did anyone purchase the Civic maintenance package and what is the cost of typical dealer maintenance? i haven't owned a Honda in awhile. Not sure if this is a good deal or not.

Dave
If you're comfortable with doing your own maintenance like @obert mentioned you might consider voiding it and do it yourself when necessary. If you don't want to work on the car yourself I'd keep it just in case you do need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts