11th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked my sport up last Thursday and instantly noticed this same issue, came here first to see if it was only me and well obviously it’s not. Is there a way to A. Contact Honda America directly (not dealer) about this so they know it’s an issue with a lot of cars and B is there a way to search for updates or does the car only do it on its own at specific intervals?

·
Registered
9 Posts
so this definitely works, and while not the best option at least it keeps my music from cutting out since on short rides I rarely plug the wire into my phone
Hi,

I think I found a workaround to avoid the bluetooth from glitching. If you disable the wi-fi on the iPhone, it seems like the glitching goes away (or at least gets greatly reduced). You have to completely turn-off the wi-fi (settings/wi-fi -> off). Let me know or like this if this worked for you.

·
Registered
2022 Rallye Red Civic LX
29 Posts
Did u turn off WiFi in the settings not the pull down, it apparently makes a difference
Come to think of it i don’t think i did, i will try that on my 30 min commute home and let u know. Though i will be annoyed if this is how I’ll have to fix it 😂

·
Registered
2022 Rallye Red Civic LX
29 Posts
Come to think of it i don’t think i did, i will try that on my 30 min commute home and let u know. Though i will be annoyed if this is how I’ll have to fix it 😂
Yeah this does seem to fix it. Really hope there’s an update for the phone or car that will fix this

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m not sure I will have to take a look at it tomorrow I haven’t paid much attention to it. I know if I hit the button on the steering wheel and say the name of the contact person it seems to work OK . Have you checked to see if there are any updates for it?
Mine is having the same issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Having the same issue with my Sport. Bluetooth skips every minute or two.

I also notice intermittent issues with connecting to CarPlay. I’ll plug in my phone (iPhone 12 mini) and it will charge, but never connect to CarPlay. I’ll have to unplug and plug it in a couple times for it to connect. I’ve used the OEM cable, as well as an Anker cable and an AmazonBasics cable with the same result.

·
Registered
2022 Rallye Red Civic LX
29 Posts
Having the same issue with my Sport. Bluetooth skips every minute or two.

I also notice intermittent issues with connecting to CarPlay. I’ll plug in my phone (iPhone 12 mini) and it will charge, but never connect to CarPlay. I’ll have to unplug and plug it in a couple times for it to connect. I’ve used the OEM cable, as well as an Anker cable and an AmazonBasics cable with the same result.
Carplay been working fine in my LX so far. But the Bluetooth definitely seems to be getting interference from the WiFi on the phone. With WiFi off, the Bluetooth skipping seems to stop

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s 100% software issue, I took my 2022 civic to the shop an it was third time reporting it. They got into call with their support team, an they conformed that they’re aware of the problem. It seems to be a iPhone Bluetooth issue only, they’re working on update no ETA. 12/7/2021

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have the 2022 civic sport model. The wired carplays works fine. However, the wireless bluetooth connection is pretty glitchy. Every 1-2 minutes or so (sometimes less) the connection glitches for about a second or so. I've tried two iphones with the same issue (iphone 12 and Iphone X). Android works fine (Note 9). I already tried factory resetting the touchscreen, relinking the device, restarting phone, and a lot of other things with no luck.

Has anyone observed similar issues?
Yes, I have a similar issue. Just picked up the car on 12/31 and noticed it right away. Happens when I am using Bluetooth connection with iphone and playing Spotify music. Intermittently, but on average about every 2-3 minutes, I hear almost a "skip" where the music stops playing - less than a second. Very annoying. Have tried repositioning the phone thinking maybe its interference with something but seems to do it regardless of where the phone is positioned in the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same issue. No solution yet 😕

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have not been able to solve the problem. Neither the dealer nor Honda has contacted me with any updates yet. A software update seems to be a possible solution, but who knows maybe some Bluetooth receivers are just defective and require a hardware replacement. I also tried iOS 15 beta and it doesn't help. I recommend everyone with this issue contacts Honda so they know it's more than just a few cases. @a_dukes22civic had the dealer order replacement parts for the head unit and bluetooth receiver. I'm waiting for his update to see if this solved the problem. Hoping it did so I can go and demand the same.

I would also be interested to know if not all cars are problematic. At least the other cars in the lot in my dealership had the same issue. Can we confirm that some 2022 Civic Sports are working perfectly with iPhones via Bluetooth?
I have A Touring Sedan and I am Having Connection issues also (Android Auto)...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same issues here with a new touring sedan and iphone 12 pro. (can't even get the phone to connect at all, I let the dealership try for about 10min and then I had to get going) Just got the car last night so will check it out on my own today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have the 2022 civic sport model. The wired carplays works fine. However, the wireless bluetooth connection is pretty glitchy. Every 1-2 minutes or so (sometimes less) the connection glitches for about a second or so. I've tried two iphones with the same issue (iphone 12 and Iphone X). Android works fine (Note 9). I already tried factory resetting the touchscreen, relinking the device, restarting phone, and a lot of other things with no luck.

Has anyone observed similar issues?
I have the exact issue with a 2022 Civic Sport. I can confirm a Galaxy s20 works perfectly fine and my iPhone 12 has this issue.

I’ve tested a few things. Contact syncing and device type(in Bluetooth settings) seem to have nothing to do with it. I actually had the issue happen almost every 15-20 seconds when i was right outside my apartment. I have a suspicion it might be wifi that causes the issue. With my wifi radio turned off i can’t make this issue happen. But with it on I seem to have an easy time recreating the issue outside my assortment with bad wifi signal.
I will test more and post here again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe this will help someone. It's not a fix, but a workaround.

I have the Sport Touring HB with the 9" screen and wireless CarPlay. I've found that connecting via bluetooth is much better than using a USB cord (because I usually prefer to have my phone mounted up high by the screen).

After starting the car, I let the phone connect to the infotainment system, and then I plug in a USB charging cable if needed. I almost never get audio stuttering that way, although CarPlay does lag sometimes -- and even occasionally pixelate and get my position completely wrong on Maps. When that happens, I push the home button, wait a second or two, and then go back into CarPlay. Repeat until it works! So annoying, but it's the best workaround I've found.

If I don't wait for the bluetooth connection and connect a USB cable right away, all bets are off. Usually audio crackles and stutters and CarPlay is just a frozen mess for a few minutes.

Sometimes (rarely) bluetooth won't connect. The best way I've found is to go into bluetooth settings on my iPhone and tap on the Civic connection in the list to force it to connect. If that doesn't work, I toggle bluetooth on and off and tap the Civic connection again.

One time CarPlay wouldn't load no matter what (iOS 15.3, iPhone 13), so I had to restart the phone. Worked after that.

If you're having bluetooth issues, delete the Civic connection in the bluetooth settings list on your phone and pair it with the car again. Mine has been solid for a couple months since doing that.

Again, I've found it best to connect via bluetooth first, then use a USB cord if you need it. Hopefully Honda is working on a software fix. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my Sport in mid-February and noticed this issue with a 13 Pro Max. Bluetooth audio glitches randomly every 1-2 minutes. I noticed it's more stable when the phone is in the tray in the center console vs in my pocket.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts