11th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,

I have the 2022 civic sport model. The wired carplays works fine. However, the wireless bluetooth connection is pretty glitchy. Every 1-2 minutes or so (sometimes less) the connection glitches for about a second or so. I've tried two iphones with the same issue (iphone 12 and Iphone X). Android works fine (Note 9). I already tried factory resetting the touchscreen, relinking the device, restarting phone, and a lot of other things with no luck.

Has anyone observed similar issues?
I have the 2022 Touring model. Both were working fine yesterday morning. In the afternoon, I kept getting the “no device found”. I removed the civic from the Bluetooth on the phone, and removed the phone from the Civic. When attempting to reconnect either the Bluetooth device, or Apple Car Play, both the phone go through the set up process. In the iPhone Bluetooth settings, shows Civic as connected. On the car, the phone shows as an available device, but when you select it, nothing happens. If you exit the set up screen and return, there are no devices available. We tried this with my husband’s iPhone 12pro, same thing. Neither the Bluetooth, nor the wireless CarPlay are working. Tomorrow, I will try plugging the phone in with a cable to see if that works. Anyone else have suggestions? The funny thing is, everything was working fine in the morning. In the afternoon (separate drive) no bueno.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 2022 Touring model. Both were working fine yesterday morning. In the afternoon, I kept getting the “no device found”. I removed the civic from the Bluetooth on the phone, and removed the phone from the Civic. When attempting to reconnect either the Bluetooth device, or Apple Car Play, both the phone go through the set up process. In the iPhone Bluetooth settings, shows Civic as connected. On the car, the phone shows as an available device, but when you select it, nothing happens. If you exit the set up screen and return, there are no devices available. We tried this with my husband’s iPhone 12pro, same thing. Neither the Bluetooth, nor the wireless CarPlay are working. Tomorrow, I will try plugging the phone in with a cable to see if that works. Anyone else have suggestions? The funny thing is, everything was working fine in the morning. In the afternoon (separate drive) no bueno.
It just seems like there are issues with wireless car play. I have friends with other vehicle from different manufactures complain too. I had issues a few weeks ago and did a factory reset and it’s been fine ever since. I will say sometimes when starting up the car and upon initial connection it is super laggy before it irons itself out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It just seems like there are issues with wireless car play. I have friends with other vehicle from different manufactures complain too. I had issues a few weeks ago and did a factory reset and it’s been fine ever since. I will say sometimes when starting up the car and upon initial connection it is super laggy before it irons itself out.
Other than the lag in changing songs, etc., I haven’t had any issues for 6 weeks, then all of a sudden, bam! I am going to try and reset today and see what happens. My Bluetooth isn’t working either.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Other than the lag in changing songs, etc., I haven’t had any issues for 6 weeks, then all of a sudden, bam! I am going to try and reset today and see what happens. My Bluetooth isn’t working either.
Yah I’m sure that’ll fix it! Hope there’s an update soon or at least maybe iOS 15 will help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I have the 2022 civic sport model. The wired carplays works fine. However, the wireless bluetooth connection is pretty glitchy. Every 1-2 minutes or so (sometimes less) the connection glitches for about a second or so. I've tried two iphones with the same issue (iphone 12 and Iphone X). Android works fine (Note 9). I already tried factory resetting the touchscreen, relinking the device, restarting phone, and a lot of other things with no luck.

Hey man I just picked up my brand new 2022 civic sport yesterday and I'm having the same issue as you are. The wired carplay works fine with no issues but the wireless bluetooth connection seems pretty glitchy. The music would stop every 5 minutes or so. I sent the dealership an email with a request for service and hopefully they might figure something out to settle the issue

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hey man I just picked up my brand new 2022 civic sport yesterday and I'm having the same issue as you are. The wired carplay works fine with no issues but the wireless bluetooth connection seems pretty glitchy. The music would stop every 5 minutes or so. I sent the dealership an email with a request for service and hopefully they might figure something out to settle the issue
Welcome to the forum @Nero

What phone are you using it with?

It would be great to see pics of your Civic in one of these color threads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Nero

What phone are you using it with?

It would be great to see pics of your Civic in one of these color threads.
Hey thanks @hondapwr

I have an iphone 11 pro. I've tried everything from deleting the device recognition from both the infotainment and my phone, I did reset the infotainment to factory settings, I did hard reset my phone, anything that could be done regarding the connectivity I did. After all that it still hangs when I play music on bluetooth. It never happens when I'm on carplay mode although at some point when playing music via carplay the music would pop/hang for a milisecond but it's really rare

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Hey OP did you manage to fix your bluetooth issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I literally am going through the same thing on my Honda Civic 2022 sport. It’s pretty annoying especially when you don’t have an iPhone cord on hand. Car play works fine with a cord connected to my iphone but Bluetooth cuts in n out.
Still dealing with the dealership about this, they haven’t resolved it yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I literally am going through the same thing on my Honda Civic 2022 sport. It’s pretty annoying especially when you don’t have an iPhone cord on hand. Car play works fine with a cord connected to my iphone but Bluetooth cuts in n out.
Still dealing with the dealership about this, they haven’t resolved it yet.
I don't think dealerships will be able to solve this issue. This is a common problem on brand new civics that was already reported to honda and it's just a matter of time when they will drop a firmware or software update for the info system. In the meantime I have a cable in my vehicle and sticking with the carplay for now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have not been able to solve the problem. Neither the dealer nor Honda has contacted me with any updates yet. A software update seems to be a possible solution, but who knows maybe some Bluetooth receivers are just defective and require a hardware replacement. I also tried iOS 15 beta and it doesn't help. I recommend everyone with this issue contacts Honda so they know it's more than just a few cases. @a_dukes22civic had the dealer order replacement parts for the head unit and bluetooth receiver. I'm waiting for his update to see if this solved the problem. Hoping it did so I can go and demand the same.

I would also be interested to know if not all cars are problematic. At least the other cars in the lot in my dealership had the same issue. Can we confirm that some 2022 Civic Sports are working perfectly with iPhones via Bluetooth?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I have not been able to solve the problem. Neither the dealer nor Honda has contacted me with any updates yet. A software update seems to be a possible solution, but who knows maybe some Bluetooth receivers are just defective and require a hardware replacement. I also tried iOS 15 beta and it doesn't help. I recommend everyone with this issue contacts Honda so they know it's more than just a few cases. @a_dukes22civic had the dealer order replacement parts for the head unit and bluetooth receiver. I'm waiting for his update to see if this solved the problem. Hoping it did so I can go and demand the same.

I would also be interested to know if not all cars are problematic. At least the other cars in the lot in my dealership had the same issue. Can we confirm that some 2022 Civic Sports are working perfectly with iPhones via Bluetooth?
Hey I appreciate the update man thanks! I just hate to think that maybe Honda cheap out on the bluetooth transmitters too. I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow for them to check the problem out but I doubt they'll find I fix for it.

Now the thing is how do I contact Honda directly to report this matter?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey I appreciate the update man thanks! I just hate to think that maybe Honda cheap out on the bluetooth transmitters too. I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow for them to check the problem out but I doubt they'll find I fix for it.

Now the thing is how do I contact Honda directly to report this matter?
I called 1-800-999-1009 from this website HondaLink: Connectivity for Smart Phones and Honda Vehicles

Any updates?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the exact same problem, it's super annoying. One way I fixed it was to reset the car settings & re-connect carplay. It worked for a month & the issue happened again last night... frustrating.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi,

I think I found a workaround to avoid the bluetooth from glitching. If you disable the wi-fi on the iPhone, it seems like the glitching goes away (or at least gets greatly reduced). You have to completely turn-off the wi-fi (settings/wi-fi -> off). Let me know or like this if this worked for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can confirm the same issue on a 2022 EX sedan. Bluetooth drops for a second or so while streaming music, no wireless CarPlay on this trim. I haven't noticed it during a phone call, but I don't get a lot of phone calls. :) Streaming over a wired USB connection is trouble-free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Confirming the same issue on a 2022 Civic Sport too. It's usually a half second skipping in the first song, and then another half second skipping every couple to few songs. I was hoping I wasn't the only one. Looking forward to the fix, guessing it's going to be a firmware/software fix.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts