11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to find any good covers for the Honda fob redesign? Are there any other Honda’s that have the new fob for future reference?! I’m pretty sure the one the dealer gave me had a little scrape on it when I got it and I’m very particular when it comes to that kind of stuff as I’m sure most of us are. Here’s the only compatible one (with color options) I’ve found so far and also has a positive review with a couple pics. Also saw some good glass screens for the infotainment I’m going to try out.

MECHCOS Compatible with 2022 Honda Accord Civic Red TPU Key Fob Cover Case Remote Holder Skin Protector Keyless Entry Sleeve Accessories Amazon.com: MECHCOS Compatible with 2022 Honda Accord Civic Red TPU Key Fob Cover Case Remote Holder Skin Protector Keyless Entry Sleeve Accessories : Automotive

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Is anyone concerned about our cars signal getting hacked? If so a signal-blocking pouch might be better to get instead, if we can't keep the fob covered and also in a pouch.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm looking for a nice leather one for my keys like this one. I'm not as big of a fan for silicone key covers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking for a nice leather one for my keys like this one. I'm not as big of a fan for silicone key covers.

View attachment 3301
Yeah that is definitely one I would get. I hate the silicon too it looks so cheap. I guess we will just have to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wait signal hacking is an actual thing? Tell me about this. I’m puzzled
It's possible with specialized equipment to intercept the radio signal between your fob and the vehicle (see: Car thieves now intercepting key fob signals for remote-control heists). The level of encryption or other security techniques (rolling codes, etc) determines how easy it is for nefarious folks to capture the signal and reuse it to potentially open your vehicle.

Obviously it's hard (impossible?) to tell how prevalent this is but as with most things, it is possible...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recently got this from ebay. From a seller leyi89. I emailed him first talked for a day or 2 to confirm it'll fit 2022 civic and then ordered. If you try to find it on ebay there is none. I emailed around 5 sellers but leyi89 said they can make it. I ordered through a 2021 key fob cover link but the seller made sure i get the correct one. Link:
Wood Toy Art Fashion accessory Fashion design

1 - 12 of 12 Posts