11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2022 Honda Civic sport. I drive it daily and didn’t notice the issue until 5,000 miles. I have pulled up to several stop lights and stop signs and my car has decided it doesn’t want to move for a few seconds. Note: I will be pressing on the accelerator and I drive with the “engine cut” turned off. There’s no dash lights that are on so the dealership said there’s nothing they can do but get it to replicate. Anyone else having this issue? What should I do? 😤

·
Registered
26 Posts
Run it in sport mode and see if it makes a difference to you. I think what you're experiencing is cvt lag and it's normal unfortunately.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recently bought a 2022 Honda Civic sport. I drive it daily and didn’t notice the issue until 5,000 miles. I have pulled up to several stop lights and stop signs and my car has decided it doesn’t want to move for a few seconds. Note: I will be pressing on the accelerator and I drive with the “engine cut” turned off. There’s no dash lights that are on so the dealership said there’s nothing they can do but get it to replicate. Anyone else having this issue? What should I do? 😤
not this issue, but CRAP mpgs and several error displays/warnings lighting up dash intermittently. Not pleased.

same situation with dealership - took it in, left it for five days due to not surpassing more than 27mpgs (ITS NOT A ME THING, I’ve owned Hondas for 20+ years and several fold withsame manufacture date/factory experiencing same). Dealership said they took it for a 4-mile drive and got 34 mpgs…. Crazy bc I’ve never hit 30 on my own. Anyway, they handed it back to me with 4.1 miles added, and mpg was at 22.8, so yeah not adding up. I never normally would’ve bought a first year of a new generation but my last civic was totaled in a head on collision and I literally had no other option but to 1st year new gen. Love the luxe and the handling but exceptionally frustrated with these tech glitches and the crap fuel efficiency hopefully Honda recognizes these issues soon and offer some fixes. I’m tempted to see a local lemon law lawyer about this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not this issue, but CRAP mpgs and several error displays/warnings lighting up dash intermittently. Not pleased.

same situation with dealership - took it in, left it for five days due to not surpassing more than 27mpgs (ITS NOT A ME THING, I’ve owned Hondas for 20+ years and several fold withsame manufacture date/factory experiencing same). Dealership said they took it for a 4-mile drive and got 34 mpgs…. Crazy bc I’ve never hit 30 on my own. Anyway, they handed it back to me with 4.1 miles added, and mpg was at 22.8, so yeah not adding up. I never normally would’ve bought a first year of a new generation but my last civic was totaled in a head on collision and I literally had no other option but to 1st year new gen. Love the luxe and the handling but exceptionally frustrated with these tech glitches and the crap fuel efficiency hopefully Honda recognizes these issues soon and offer some fixes. I’m tempted to see a local lemon law lawyer about this.
6k miles total now and I haven’t experienced my mpg over 30 ever. It’s currently at 25mpg and that’s total mileage. I agree. I also run it in economy mode to avoid low mpg but obviously it doesn’t change a thing. Fun Little story… when I originally worked a deal out with the Honda dealer they let me know all new Honda’s had zero APR. I found out that was bs real quick the next day when working out the finances. Salesmen made sure to say I didn’t know what I was talking about and was making things up

·
Registered
35 Posts
6k miles total now and I haven’t experienced my mpg over 30 ever. It’s currently at 25mpg and that’s total mileage. I agree. I also run it in economy mode to avoid low mpg but obviously it doesn’t change a thing. Fun Little story… when I originally worked a deal out with the Honda dealer they let me know all new Honda’s had zero APR. I found out that was bs real quick the next day when working out the finances. Salesmen made sure to say I didn’t know what I was talking about and was making things up
Yeh same thing happened to me when I bought my last Civic the zero % and then they were like oh you actually didn’t qualify but I’ll call in a favor for you. I can’t remember what I got, but I paid it off within six months.

so I filled my tank yesterday and the range with a newly filled tank was 300 miles. Asked folks in the Facebook group with their range usually is upon fill up and most were around 400 or more. At 12.4 gallons per tank it’s telling me that I’m going to get about 24 miles per gallon somethings definitely off with some of these cars and I’m really ticked about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This isn't reassuring... I just picked up my new Sport. I previously had a Gen 10 LX that I bought in a crunch when my Gen 8 was totaled, but was never a fan of the styling. I convinced myself that even though it was the 1st year of a new model I'd be OK since it's Honda and had the same 2.0 and CVT.... Here's hoping I got an... "anti-lemon"? I'll check back in if anything pops up.

Note: Only have 100 miles so far (like I said - just got it), but my avg MPG reading has not passed 28.5 and I've been driving like a grandma since its new.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
This isn't reassuring... I just picked up my new Sport. I previously had a Gen 10 LX that I bought in a crunch when my Gen 8 was totaled, but was never a fan of the styling. I convinced myself that even though it was the 1st year of a new model I'd be OK since it's Honda and had the same 2.0 and CVT.... Here's hoping I got an... "anti-lemon"? I'll check back in if anything pops up.

Note: Only have 100 miles so far (like I said - just got it), but my avg MPG reading has not passed 28.5 and I've been driving like a grandma since its new.
Welcome to the forum @Flooder.
Are you just tracking your mileage using the dash readout? If so, tracking it manually might be worth the effort to compare to what the dash says.

·
Registered
643 Posts
does this problem happen every time you stop at a light or stop sign? Or is it sporadically?

·
Registered
643 Posts

Welcome @Flooder! What convinced you to switch from your 10th gen to your new one? Was it the styling?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Flooder.
Are you just tracking your mileage using the dash readout? If so, tracking it manually might be worth the effort to compare to what the dash says.
Thanks @hondapwr! Right now I'm just monitoring the dash read out. I typically manually track the mileage on my vehicles, but I'm still on the first tank as received from the dealer. Once I fill up and know exactly what went in I will start tracking manually 👍🏻

·
Registered
35 Posts

sorry! Same with me, totaled my ‘12 civic and I always buy my car new and out 100-200k on them. My hand was forced to get this new one - thinking it’s a Honda, I love them… what issues could it have?!
I will say, looks like the majority of lx & sports with issues have a 7/‘21 manufacture date out of Canada.

i drove my last civic hard and fast and I got 40 mpgs on it - it was a 1.8L… but this one driving like a granny, with auto idle engaged and AC off of on low, eking out only 27ish. It was 23/24, but going below speed limit has bumped it up.

my hope is that if everyone reports issues to dealerships/Honda directly, we might get a recall fix. Which if this keeps up, I’d rather sell and get an ex or touring, even though it’s WAYYY more than I had anticipated paying. That or selling next year and bumping up to a ‘23.

they definitely appeared to have screwed some of us over. Check out the range I got at fill up, 300 mile range?! So that’s basing off of my historical mpgs I’m guessing which equals about 24 mpgs. Others are filling up getting near 500 range. So yeh something is off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was quite nervous after reading all these posts. 22' civic sport here, but fortunately seem to not have the same issues. Initially i was trending about 32 mpg with the first tank of gas which was filled up at the dealership. However, after 1500 miles of driving now, I'm actually averaging 41-43 mpg !! I drive 80 miles each day to work, 40 miles out and 40 miles back home. I keep it in ECON mode and drive really easy, as in "old dude" mode. 80 percent of my drive is country roads so hardly any stops or changes in speed. It does drop down a few mpg's when i get into the city driving however.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I was quite nervous after reading all these posts. 22' civic sport here, but fortunately seem to not have the same issues. Initially i was trending about 32 mpg with the first tank of gas which was filled up at the dealership. However, after 1500 miles of driving now, I'm actually averaging 41-43 mpg !! I drive 80 miles each day to work, 40 miles out and 40 miles back home. I keep it in ECON mode and drive really easy, as in "old dude" mode. 80 percent of my drive is country roads so hardly any stops or changes in speed. It does drop down a few mpg's when i get into the city driving however.
Welcome @lingk007! That's great mileage you're getting! Overall how are you enjoying the car so far?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my sport '22 civic for a couple of months and have seen it get to 30ish mpg only on longer hwy trips. I have put less than 2k miles on it and mostly drive on shorter street trips and don't expect more than what I'm getting on these. Also, this is by far less efficient than the 1.5L turbo engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts