11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
While I don't know for a fact I would say/assume yes. It isn't like the engine bay is overhauled between the sedan and the hatchback and the Type R motor is the same K20 in the 11th gen as it was in the 10th gen

· Registered
‘22 Sonic Grey si
121 Posts
Can you put the 2018 honda civic type R engine in the 11th gen civic si
Yeah it’s a super common bolt on mod!

Nah but for real it would be sick; but you can get CTR power levels with an ethanol Etune and supporting mods from DRob. Not to discourage your dream or whatever, but engine swaps are a very involved process (even civic to civic). All that said, it would be dope to see someone do it.

· Registered
2022 Civic Si
120 Posts
I do not see why not. The biggest challenge would be figuring out mounting points (engine, transmission, etc) and everything else can be fabricated. There are no swap kits yet since this plat form is fairly new.

would be interesting to see a k20z3 swap that retains all the 11th gen features (esp rev match, shifter feel and clutch feel).

best of luck

· Registered
‘22 Sonic Grey si
121 Posts
I would be shocked if they ever made a “swap kit” for this… they don’t have one for 10th gen and those are 6 years old.

· Premium Member
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring
99 Posts
Can you put the 2018 honda civic type R engine in the 11th gen civic si
Yes we will be doing it this year but instead using the Accord 2.0t same thing, difference is Type R engine is all bosch unit and nowhere near plug n play with this as the Accord will be much easier to adapt

· Registered
‘22 Sonic Grey si
121 Posts
Yes we will be doing it this year but instead using the Accord 2.0t same thing, difference is Type R engine is all bosch unit and nowhere near plug n play with this as the Accord will be much easier to adapt
What power levels are y’all shooting for? And what application? I would LOVE to see a time attack build but I get the feeling it’s gonna be a drag weapon.

Are y’all looking to retain all OEM interior functions and stuff or just go full race car?

Reactions: Axionind

· Premium Member
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Touring
99 Posts
What power levels are y’all shooting for? And what application? I would LOVE to see a time attack build but I get the feeling it’s gonna be a drag weapon.

Are y’all looking to retain all OEM interior functions and stuff or just go full race car?
stock block 550whp is pretty easy , street drag build. We already have another race car we are building a 9th gen si with a j series swap turbo 1200hp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts