11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the 11th gen civic options and trims. Seems like the sunroof only comes with the EX and higher trims. The only problem I have with this is the engine. I want the 2.0L engine with the sunroof. Is it possible to special order a 11th gen civic with the 2.0L and sunroof? Or am I stuck getting the 1.5L with the sunroof?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been looking at the 11th gen civic options and trims. Seems like the sunroof only comes with the EX and higher trims. The only problem I have with this is the engine. I want the 2.0L engine with the sunroof. Is it possible to special order a 11th gen civic with the 2.0L and sunroof? Or am I stuck getting the 1.5L with the sunroof?
Usually, I'd say you were out of luck, but I'm not so sure that's the case these days. I have a deposit down on a special order for a meteorite gray metallic 6 speed manual Civic LX hatchback; that combination isn't configurable on Honda's website for USDM cars, but each of the 3 trim levels (LX, Sport and Sport Touring) for Canadian market Civic Hatchbacks are available with a manual AND meteorite gray metallic.
Back in the late 80's/90's there was a business in Richmond VA that would install power OEM Honda moonroofs into lower spec models for around $1000. Not sure where or how they got OEM Honda parts, but they did. A friend of mine got to drive his mother's '91 Accord LX once in a while that had an OEM Honda moonroof and it drove me crazy until I asked him about it. He told me that it was installed immediately after his mom bought it and they took delivery a week later. I started seeing many lower spec Civics and Accords with wheel covers and moonroofs (aside from Civic Si hatchbacks) afterwards. Not sure if they are still around, but aftermarket sun/moonroofs have come a long way. I ordered my mom's 2009 Nissan Versa S hatchback at Hall Nissan in VB and had a moonroof installed. The only option was an aftermarket Inalfa moonroof that needed ONE servicing in the 13 years she's had it. I really don't care for the auto-close feature that completely closes the moonroof when you turn off the car. It took a bit of experimenting to figure out how to leave the roof completely open or vented (TILT) when turning off the car; it's a hassle, but can be done.

I need to start looking at aftermarket moonroofs as it's not available on the LX hatch I've ordered. I can drive without a moonroof, but it's weird for me. I've owned 3 cars with a standard steel roof and drove my 2011 CR-Z EX6mt for 7 years after getting over it. I was a bit irritated finding out a fixed panorama glass roof came standard on the premium trim levels Europe and Japan offered.

I'd encourage you to contact sun/moonroof installers in your area, find out what they offer and do a little research on the company, the product and it's features. My mom is perfectly fine with her roof closing every time she turns off the car but that wouldn't fly with me. This could be a programable feature that could possibly be changed, but our Nissan dealer has been unwilling to disclose who the installer was.

Good luck to you though!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nope. Not available. If you really want a sunroof buy the EX w the 1.5 turbo. Why do you not want the 1.5? more HP and torque.... better MPG.... There were some minor issues with oil dilution but I am pretty sure that the tweaks Honda has made for the 2022 have mostly resolved it. In my opinion the EX is the best trim for the money. Mine is on order and I hope to have it next month.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Damn you should move to Canada. Here the trims are LX < EX < Sport < Touring. And the sunroof comes at EX trim or above lol (not even mentioning heated steering wheel as well).

·
Registered
55 Posts
So Honda (Toyota too) work based on allocation system so you can't special order a for example Sport Sedan and ask them to add sunroof to it. The 2.0L NA engine is definitely better when it comes to longevity, but when it comes to turbocharged definitely Honda over any other manufacturer. I'll include a link below about the new Civic and their 1.5L engine; just use the right oil and you should be fine.
Also I really wouldn't recommend/suggest aftermarket sunroof; even with the best ones out there there will always be a possibility for leak or something because it's not built in with the car so even the slightest error can cause leaks and issues. If you have to have sunroof just buy a trim that offers it from factory.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Damn you should move to Canada. Here the trims are LX < EX < Sport < Touring. And the sunroof comes at EX trim or above lol (not even mentioning heated steering wheel as well).
Same trims here and that's what I said. The EX comes with the sunroof. The only thing it is missing from the Canadian version is the heated steering wheel I think.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So Honda (Toyota too) work based on allocation system so you can't special order a for example Sport Sedan and ask them to add sunroof to it. The 2.0L NA engine is definitely better when it comes to longevity, but when it comes to turbocharged definitely Honda over any other manufacturer. I'll include a link below about the new Civic and their 1.5L engine; just use the right oil and you should be fine.
Also I really wouldn't recommend/suggest aftermarket sunroof; even with the best ones out there there will always be a possibility for leak or something because it's not built in with the car so even the slightest error can cause leaks and issues. If you have to have sunroof just buy a trim that offers it from factory.
Yup. I wouldn't trust someone installing an aftermarket sunroof in my brand new car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Move to Canada lol. Sport model trim comes with Sunroof, mirror turn signals, heated front seats and heated leather steering wheel. 2.0L engine.
Why does Canada always get better options than the US?? It would make way more sense to commonize them and then offer a cold weather option. I love my Honda and all but their options don't make much sense and there is no chance to do much with colors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why does Canada always get better options than the US?? It would make way more sense to commonize them and then offer a cold weather option. I love my Honda and all but their options don't make much sense and there is no chance to do much with colors.
It just dumped snow here last week, and our government is dumb. Maybe Honda felt bad for us up here haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same trims here and that's what I said. The EX comes with the sunroof. The only thing it is missing from the Canadian version is the heated steering wheel I think.
No the trims are different. In US the EX trim is above Sport and comes with 1.5 turbocharged engine. In Canada, the EX trim is lower than Sport and comes with standard 2.0 engine. Only the touring here has the turbocharged engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So how about the USDM Sport is a gussy-upped LX that you can get with a manual instead of the LX's CVT. The Canadian Sport hatchback has the 1.5 turbo and a moonroof and are in the same price range.

We can't have nice things. Canadians are just so darn friendly that Honda made nice cars available to them. Nice people get nice things.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So how about the USDM Sport is a gussy-upped LX that you can get with a manual instead of the LX's CVT. The Canadian Sport hatchback has the 1.5 turbo and a moonroof and are in the same price range.

We can't have nice things. Canadians are just so darn friendly that Honda made nice cars available to them. Nice people get nice things.
lol. Agreed. Canadians are good people. I work with several and they have always been super friendly and helpful. As a bonus, many are big drinkers so..... party on! :) Most Americans are rude and completely self centered. but...... Honda! Please grant us Americans the cool options that our neighbors to the North get! PLEASE! LOL

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Sport (Aegean Blue)
43 Posts
Nope. Not available. If you really want a sunroof buy the EX w the 1.5 turbo. Why do you not want the 1.5? more HP and torque.... better MPG.... There were some minor issues with oil dilution but I am pretty sure that the tweaks Honda has made for the 2022 have mostly resolved it. In my opinion the EX is the best trim for the money. Mine is on order and I hope to have it next month.
It would be the best if it weren't for the gaudy rims 🤢

1 - 16 of 16 Posts