11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do y’all think is better, to drive your new car as much as you want whenever you want and get the 100,000 miles in before the 10 years, or save the miles and make it last the full 10 years (so like drive 90k in 10 years). Just asking because my dad always says to make it last the full 10 years and i think the opposite.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe Honda only offers 8 year 120k miles that's also what I got I paid 1900 for it oof. But worth it! Bumper to bumper on newer style body and infotainment system are the main reasons I got it. I personally did it because honestly I've spent that much money combined on things indidnt really need and that could actually come in handy. After 5 years is usually when cars will show some problems so having that warranty I believe it'll come in handy. It's a choice only you can make!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Neither is better. Your question misses the basis for it. What's your goal? If you need to drive 20000 miles a year in your vehicle, then that will mean your warranty will run out in 5 yrs. If you can ride a bicycle and park your honda under the ground, you can crawl out of the basement in 9 years and 11 months, and your civic will still be under warranty! What's better is to read books.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts