11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2022 Civic Sedan gets an available 10.2-inch Driver Information Interface (Digital Instrument Cluster) that according to Honda turns red when in Sport Mode. It's a color that has long been synonymous with Honda performance and now packaged in an all-new way for us to experience it.
Car Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I've been looking everywhere but can't find any information about it. Does the new Digital Instrument Cluster have an option to display map and navigation or just gauges and some other options?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey, I've been looking everywhere but can't find any information about it. Does the new Digital Instrument Cluster have an option to display map and navigation or just gauges and some other options?
That's a good question. I haven't seen anything about it. I have a contact at Honda though and might be able to find out.

Welcome to the forum BTW @Nathaniel . What do you drive now?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I doubt that map is an option, but Gen10 can show some navigation (I am not sure if on all trims), when turn by turn is on. I imagine it will be the same or better with the new one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a good question. I haven't seen anything about it. I have a contact at Honda though and might be able to find out.

Welcome to the forum BTW @Nathaniel . What do you drive now?
Thank you very much. Right now I have an old Seat Leon and was looking around to buy something new before Covid hit. Right now Civic looks like it might be it.

Even if they did put a map in there, I doubt it would work with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, although that would be amazing if it did. But AFAIK very few brands do that. Navigation directions are fine, though just for directions I'd prefer a head up display (on windshield, not a glass panel).

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thank you very much. Right now I have an old Seat Leon and was looking around to buy something new before Covid hit. Right now Civic looks like it might be it.

Even if they did put a map in there, I doubt it would work with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, although that would be amazing if it did. But AFAIK very few brands do that. Navigation directions are fine, though just for directions I'd prefer a head up display (on windshield, not a glass panel).
Yea, those HUD nav directions are great.

I love the ones on BMWs.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

A HUD would be nice but I doubt Honda will offer it.

Fortunately, the market is flush with aftermarket HUD's and one can be easily added.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I did just come across this screen. Looks like it shows some data in different setups, but still nothing about a nav display.

View attachment 1002
From the photos we've seen of the Civic so far there should be a lot of customization in the instrument cluster. If they took the time to create a graphic to show who has their seatbelts done or not they should have something for navigation directions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.