11th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rally Red)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I will be a rarity on this thread but apparently Katakana, Hiragana and Kanji do not appear on the left cluster of the 10.2” TFT Digital Driver Meter Display when I play Japanese music from my smartphone. The Japanese characters appear as dots displaying only Latin letters for English. The Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji show properly on the 9” touch display but not the Driver Meter Display.

Will the display be stuck like this or would a future software update remedy this problem of mine? I can live with the dotted missing Japanese characters.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It may be a phone issue, or phone/car combo issue. With my iphone connected I don't see non-Latin names in my contact list, while with Galaxy that preceded it everything showed up fine.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Rally Red)
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be a phone issue, or phone/car combo issue. With my iphone connected I don't see non-Latin names in my contact list, while with Galaxy that preceded it everything showed up fine.
I know the issue is with the Digital Driver Display. My smartphone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
this is what i was wondering about too. I guess I'm fine with it as long as it shows up in the center console, i'll probably switch the dash display to show something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts